Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Oh, Happy Christmas Day!

Christmas was a wonderful day! I can't wait to post pictures but seeing as how my camera was set up to put all the pictures on the camera's internal memory and not on the actual card I must wait until my dear friend Lori Bell mails me my cord or I break down and buy another one. I didn't want to say too much about the day until I had pictures to put up but oh well. I'll go ahead and give you the break down.

I know you are all curious to know, and yes, Santa visited our house Christmas Eve night. However, Santa had a helper this year who wasn't used to doing having stocking duty. So, when I woke up Christmas morning, I couldn't actually feel a lump at my feet like I usually do so I laid in bed for a half hour waiting for my dad (I mean santa) to tiptoe in and lay the stocking at my feet. Finally as I was moving around to get comfortable for the 40th time I heard a little crinkle. I sat up and saw that my stocking had been leaning up against my matress (I was sleeping on a matress on the floor) the whole time. Another year, another fun stocking filled with little goodies! A side note here, later in the day when we were having dinner at my sister's house my parents said that they started the tradition of putting the stockings on our beds to keep us in our rooms so they could either get some more sleep or get breakfast ready. It's always interesting to find out just how traditions start.

Anyway, the rest of the day went very well. Before breakfast my mom and I got to talk to the newest member of our family who lives in China right now (Lynn, my brother's new bride). That was super fun (she is a sweetie!) but I talk to fast for her (anyone surprised). :) Our breakfast of cinnamon rolls, pepper bacon and eggs was tasty as usual and the opening of presents was a fun time too. I love watching people open up their gifts and being excited about them. It brings joy to my heart (I'm such a softy). Among other things, mom and dad got each other robes, Guy got his traditional socks and underwear and I got an arm band for my non existant ipod nano (apparently that was THE present to give this year and someone didn't get to the store soon enough to claim one). Around 1 we went to my sisters house and opened presents with her and my brother-in-law Karl. My sister got me one of those really nice Chef knives and I can't wait to use it!!! Kar'l's mom, Gloria, and sister, Lori, came over and we all had Christmas dinner together. It was fantabulous (as usual). I made the appetizers (mini frititta's, pita chips and homemade salsa) and green beans, my mom made the ham and my sister made a salad and her ever so delicious potato dish. After we let that settle for a bit my sister brought out the pièce de résistance: her Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake. Oh my word, it was to die for! Seriously it was the best dessert I've had in a very long time. I can't wait to make it for my friends. GREAT JOB SIS!!!

Then my parents and I went home and watched The Santa Clause. We had to watch it before Christmas was over because none of us had watched it yet and that just wasn't going to do. All in all, it was a very pleasant day. I sure do love my family. They have their quirks, but they're fun. I can't wait to post my pictures for you.
Oh, I also have to add that my dad and I joined the masses yesterday and hit some of the sales. I'm not always into shopping the day after theholiday but it wasn't too bad, and we stopped and had a pot of our favorite tea, Mambo, at our favorite place to enjoy it, Borders. A time of destress in all the craziness that is shopping on the 26th. Let me just say that Old Navy's check out line, though it did move along at a relatively decent pace, was all the way to the back of the store. See? Craziness!

Hope all of your Christmas's were wonderful and full of fun memories!

Now it's on to New Years!!!

Tabs
Oh, and we forgot the book at home (Let's Keep Christmas) when we went to my sis's house so we couldn't read the book until yesterday. Way to go McAllisters! ;)

No comments: