Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Gotta love Choir and ice

Well, this last weekend was a fun weekend. I sang in the Choir at church and just had a blast. The songs were great, challenging to learn but fun to sing. They all had great messages and I found it hard not to smile while singing a few of them. I also got to meet a lot of new people through the practicing process and deepen other friendships. Basically just loved it!

Then Sunday afternoon it snowed...and then iced. When I got home Sunday afternoon after doing a bit of Christmas shopping (my last and a whole week before Christmas) I got into my warm pj's, put on a Christmas movie and wrapped presents. It was a pleasant afternoon. Then my dad called and said that it was going to get really bad and invited me over to have dinner and stay the night. Since Annie was gone to Chicago I didn't want to get stuck at home all by my lonesome so I took my parents up on their offer. It was a pleasant time of hanging out and scrounging in their fridge for a makeshift dinner. I should mention that my parents practically live in the Gorge so all night I was afraid the house was going to get blown away. In the morning my dad drove me to work since my car was under a blog and a half of ice (well it looked that way at least). There were hardly any people when we got there and not too many more showed up. Not surprisingly, no one in my office came into work except me. What's wrong with this picture? :) OH well, my dad came and picked me up around 2:30 and we hung out the rest of the day. Saw King Kong: VERY LONG MOVIE. I liked it but I don't think it needed to be that long. Special effects were pretty amazing though.

It was so cold that I decided that when I got home to my apartment I would have soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner (I was excited...I know I'm weird about food). Well, my plans were dashed when my electricity flickered twice and then went out. I soon realized the only way of communication I had with the outside world, short of driving somewhere, was my cell. I don't have a radio and I couldn't watch tv or get online. My apartment was so very quite. But I did enjoy doing things by candle light. And even though my apartment was pretty cold I slept the best I've slept in a long time that night. I had gotten all the blankets from the living room and piled them on my bed so it would be toasty warm (since I couldn't turn on my heating pad to keep my little toes warm like I usually do).

Well, I think that's quite enough for now. I should add that I'm sorry about the small pictures. I condensed them yesterday on accident and made them so teeny tiny it's ridiculous. But I put them up anyways cause I took them for this very purpose and by golly I'm going to use them, small or not. This should not be a problem in the future. :)

1 comment:

Sean said...

Hey I've been waiting for you to write something in here! Now I have somewhere to comment back when you comment in my blog. Anyway, just heading down to medford right after I get done typing this. Hope you have a really Merry Christmas. Don't you just love this time of year? Okay, seeyalater and God Bless...