Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What the heck is going on?

I don't usually watch American Idol but I did this week and I'm kind of glad I did because I wouldn't have believed it if I'd only heard what happened. If you watch the show then you know about the Jungle Book kid, Sanjaya. From what everyone says, he isn't very good and no one understand why he is still on the show except for maybe because all the teeny-bopper junior high girls keep voting millions of times for him. This week the contestants had to choose songs from the 60's "british invasion". Well, Mr. Sanjaya chose to sing a beatles song (I have to give him props for that) and actually didn't do too bad but the CRAZY thing was that while he was singing they kept panning to this young girl (probably 12 or 13) who was crying...well, more like blubbering ...the whole time he sang. It was absolutely RIDICULOUS! He isn't that good and he isn't even that cute? Well, I just couldn't believe it was happening. I am in the high percentage of people who think she was a plant and I just found out that we are not far from the truth. According to a little info I just located online, this little girl was crying during the dress rehersal, the producers saw her and asked her and her mother if they would want to sit up close and personal (so they could get a good angle on her with their camera's, I'm sure) for the actual taping of the show. Those Idol peeps know how to milk it don't they? All this proven again with Sanjaya making it to the next round after last nights results show (which I missed). Oh, what is this world coming to. I wouldn't have even blogged about this except that while at the gym this morning I saw that she was going to be on the news and be interviewed. Here is where I say "What the heck is going on?"

Moving along, I've missed a couple of National Foodie days so I'll bring you up to date quickly so you don't miss out. :)
  1. March 19Th was National Poultry Day.

  2. March 20Th was National Ravioli Day.

  3. Yesterday, March 21st, was the first day of spring! I can't believe I missed it...well, didn't celebrate it. It was also FREE ICED COFFEE DAY at Dunkin' Donuts. Bummer, missed that one too. Darn it, I need to keep up on this better.

  4. Today, March 22ND has nothing going on. BUT, it is National Celery Month. Now, I know celery isn't all that exciting but it's nice and crunchy and fun to munch (with a dip or salsa) or toss into salads and stir-fry's. :)

A few other random thoughts for you today:

  1. I love Michael Buble. He is my favorite singer (has been for awhile). CHEESE ALERT! His voice and the music that he sings makes my heart happy. When I hear it I can't help but smile (or sing along...and move to the music). It's all around my favorite! And I just found out two very exciting things: he has a new ablum coming out in May and he is planning on touring this summer! Oh, this summer is getting better and better.
  2. Let's see, I think it was Tuesday and I was stopping into Winco on my way home from work. I was eating a string cheese while pulling into a parking spot and not really paying attention when all of a sudden I bit my finger. I BIT MY FINGER! Who does that? I've heard of biting your tongue or cheeck (done it plenty of times to know the pain it can cause) but a finger? And let me tell you, I must have been hungry or something cause my finger throbbed for the rest of the night. I didn't leave any marks, thank goodness...that would have been fun to explain...but goodness gracious. Who bites their finger while eating besides little babies who are still learning to eat? I'm a freak and this proves it. At least I know it though. But this should be a warning to you all...stay away from me while I'm eating, I get a little aggressive. Come to think of it, last week while eating a salad I bit the fork so hard I thought I broke my tooth. That hurts pretty darn bad too I might add.

Okay, thats it for now. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: