I'm stealing a post idea from my friend Lindsy who does a post of ramblings about once a week I think (correct me if i'm wrong friend).
1. Last night my dad told me he was proud of me. That is always a big boost for a child to hear. He said this for several reasons, most of which I will not go into at this time, but mainly because Friday I told him that my car was still making a sound after we had just had it "fixed" on Thursday. He said he wasn't hearing it but I instisted. He took it back in yesterday (Monday) and they discovered they had not properly installed my new timing belt. Now, I am not one that really cares or notices things about my car usually. It frustrates my dad to no end cause I am never getting my oil changed on time (which means he has to keep asking me when it's getting closer then take it himself becuase otherwise...) or cleaning it out like he does for his precious automobile. So, my pressing the issue and then the guys over at Firestone actually finding something to validate what I had said really gave him a I'm proud of my daughter moment. He doesn't share them with me on his own too often so that was pretty nice to hear. :)
2. Yesterday it was brought to my attention that I was a bit behind in my blog updating. Wanna know who felt the need to bug me about this? One Miss Kristin Gibb. Yeah, I hear you all laughing out there, I pretty much did to. Okay, so maybe I haven't posted in a few weeks or something but if you click here and take a look at her "blog" you will notice that she has only posted once and that was almost a year ago. So...she does not have the authority to point any fingers at me thank you very much. I think someone else should do some updating of her very own. (love you friend!)
3. This Thursday Grey's Anatomy is FINALLY coming back! I am so excited. TV land is getting back to normal, my girls and I are getting back into our Thursday night groove, things are right in the world and I love it.
4. A couple weekends ago I moved some furniture around in my tiny little apartment and let me tell ya, that can really make a difference in your life...well, my life at least. Every couple of months or so I start getting a little stir crazy and thinking about finding a new apartment or something. To assuage (big word, huh) those feelings I just move around some furniture and clean a little. Boy does that make a difference in my attitude. And then when I come home the next night it's like a whole new apartment. It's the best feeling in the world. Even rearranging the appliances in my kitchen helps. (How lame am I?)
5. Dating...hmmm. It's fun....and exciting...and a bit tiring...but I'd like to do more of it.
6. I miss my friend Jenny. She has moved to Hawaii and is doing all sorts of fun stuff like going to the beach and to Jack Johnson concerts and just enjoying the lovely sun...something we Oregonians know nothing about right now. Here are Kristin and I saying goodbye to her at the airport. Oh right, no picture. Stupid blogger is being, well, stupid and won't let me upload anything right now. Pictures will have to wait...sorry friends.
7. If you haven't seen Juno yet then you better get to Blockbuster or your movie rental store of choice and check it out. It is a great movie and has some good thoughts to share. It is also a pro-life movie (even if they didn't quite mean it to be).
8. I have really great friends. They know who they are and they are great cause they listen to me and let me ramble and vent and still love me. :)
Hmmm...I think that is all I'm going to give you today...it's quite a lot to take it and probably completely boring. I won't apologize though, it's my blog and I can write whatever the heck I want. :)