Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleeplessness...I hate you. Not too fond of untimely sleepiness either for that matter.

So, Tuesday morning I got up to use the restroom at 2:15 am. Not that strange, I usually get up once or twice during the night (dang 8 glasses of water!). However, when I got back into bed I could not, COULD NOT, fall back asleep. I laid there for about 35 minutes, trying my darndest to get back to the wonderful dream I had been having before the potty break, but couldn't do it. My brain WOULD NOT shut off, and I wasn't even thinking about important things. I decided I might as well do some reading since I obviously wasn't going back to bed anytime soon. I grabbed the book I've been readin' (Harlon Coban's Hold On Tight, I think?) and finished it (only had about 5 chapters left, not like half the book or anything, but still, 5 chapters!). Once I was done with the book, and still awake as ever, I had to embrace the fact that I was most likely not EVER going to fall back asleep. Not fun to embrace at 3:15 AM. I got up and made my bed, tidied up the kitchen, ate some fruit, folded the clothes in the dryer that had gotten all wrinkly (cause they'd been in there for a few days) and then finally just decided to go to the gym a little early. Grrrr!!! Did get to work a little early though, which meant I could leave early so I could go to bed early.

But the last two nights I have been able to get a good solid 8 hoursish of sleep and wake up pretty easily and relatively refreshed in the AM which I wasn't sure would happen but am very thankful for.

However, NOW, I'm feeling a slump coming on...actually it is has hit me like a ton of bricks, and those bricks apparently (after looking at myself in the bathroom mirror) have taken up residence under my eyes. Yikes! They are not pretty. :) Oh goodness, I'm tired. Not good considering it's only 11:15.

No comments: