Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Do I havta?

It's that time again. Hood To Coast time.

And I am getting ready to head out the door to do my little part in the longest relay race in the world. I'm gonna meet up with the 5 other people that I'll be riding in a van with and cheering on for the next 24-30 hours. (There are actually 12 people on my team but the other six ride in another van...for those that aren't familiar with Hood 2 Coast).

But right now...I am so ready for this to be over. I love Hood to Coast. Ask anyone that knows me. I look forward to the running, the pain, the laughter, the cramped van, the random snippets of uncomfortable sleep, the cheering on of teammates and non teammates, the food, lines at the porta-potty's, the crazy outfits of other teams, the road kills...it's a fabulous time, honest.

But this morning, right now, all I'm thinking about is being done and being home tomorrow night in my bed with my husband. And the fact that I haven't been working out much lately and eating much more than I should be...I'm not in nearly the running shape that I normally am when I do Hood 2 Coast. It makes me a tad bit nervous. It'll be okay though, right? Right? Yeah, I know it will. It'll be great. I'll be sore, but I'll come home with more great memories to add to the old ones, new friends, and maybe even a renewed and refreshed self.

I'll catch ya'll on the flip side. Have a great weekend!

No comments: