Okay, I've seen this on several of my friends blogs and it got me thinking so I am going to copy them (not the whole thing, but a few of the questions) and let you know just what happened during 2005.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? I ran a half marathon in 1 hr and 47 minutes. I also participated in Hood to Coast.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any last year but I have made a few for this year. I am going to run more races and make more time for those friends that live in town yet I hardly see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes
5. What countries did you visit? Very sadly, I didn't visit any countries. Something is very wrong with this picture.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Well, that I've lacked my whole life, a trip to Kuaui...oh wait, I am going to have a trip to Kuaui in September, yay!!! And a boyfriend....just kidding.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting out of my old job and getting my new job at the church that I just love!! Also, running the half marathon. Another thing was the finishing of the DUNES mailer and then that everyone liked it. I really felt like I accomplished something huge!
8. What was your biggest failure? Hmmm...I don't think I'll share that with any of you. I'll keep them to myself and call it good.
9. What was the best thing you bought? Much like my friend Lindsy, I bought my tickets to Kuaui. And I bought my sister a iPod shuffle for Christmas, that was pretty darn exciting.
10. Whose behavior merited celebration? This is a weird question but I'll do my best to answer it. I think my brother's behavior has improved a lot over the last several months and that has been great to witness. Also just my family who has to put up with me and still loves me. 11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? At times my brother (but he has improved greatly) and there are a few other people out there who have appalled me but they shall remain nameless.
12. What song will always remind you of 2005? Songs by Guster and Bebo Norman, I was introduced to them this year and I listened to them a lot.
13. Where did most of your money go? Oh goodness, I would have to say that I spend a lot on food. I eat a lot of fresh food (veggies, fruits, and meats) and that isn't cheap. I'm sure I spent a lot of money on a plethora of other things but food is the first thing that comes to mind. Oh and gas, the prices have been OUTRAGEOUS this year.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Um, I get excited very easily over lots of things, some small some big, so I don't really know. I think I would have to say my job would be one thing that I was super super excited about. Oh, I got pretty excited about the finished DUNES mailer, too. :)
15. What do you wish you'd done more of? Relyed more on God, showed my family that I appreciate them, spent more time with my best girlfriends, and called more people in other states that I hardly ever talk to. Basically just been a better daughter and friend.
16. What do you wish you'd done less of? stressed over dumb things that aren't even in my hands to handle.
17. Did you fall in love in 2005? Thought I could have but nope, still have yet to do that. Maybe this year will be the year.
18. What was your favorite TV program? Lost and CSI (the original)
19. What was the best book you read? There are two, Blue Like Jazz and Safetly Home. Another one that I am reading right now is Knowledge of the Holy.
20. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005? Guster, I just love their sound, and Michael Buble, his music is so my style.
21. What did you want and get? A new job and a church home
22. What did you want and not get? A water belt for running and a boyfriend...just kidding 23. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm, I saw a lot of movies but I really liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Narnia. I'm sure I like a lot more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Hahaha, I don't have a fashion, I just wear what I like and feel comfortable in (unless your talking shoes)
25. What kept you sane? Working out and reading my bible
26. Who did you miss? MARILEE KELSO!!! And Rachel Dueul, and we live in the same city.
27. Who was the best new person you met? Oh dear me, that is a very very tough question to answer because I have met a lot of new people that I have liked a lot.
28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. I have learned to really give things to God. He has wisdom we can't even fathom and He never makes a wrong decision. He is watching over us and He never sleeps. That is comforting for me to remember when I am dealing with problems. Give it to God and all will be alright.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Well, I turned 25 this year. I worked and then my friends took me out to the Berlin Inn for some traditional German cheese fondue and the most amazing dessert, then a couple of girls took me downtown and we hit happy hour at Henry's. All in all, it was a very fun birthday. And just so you all know, my birthday is on February 17th, which is about a month and half away. :)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Hmmm...I think I had a pretty good year. There are a few things that I would have liked to happen but seeing as they didn't and they probably didn't for a good reason, I can't complain. The Lord was good to me this year in more ways than I can even imagine. I wouldn't change any of it.
Now, let's ring in the New Year and see what the Lord has instore for 2006!