Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 23, 2005

'Twas the Friday before Christmas

Well, it's the Friday before Christmas and I'm bored. I'm at work and my office (Student Ministries) is empty, as is the case on most Fridays. So, I've decided to babble at you all for a little bit. Can I just tell you that a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I have been worrying about the DUNES retreat (this super huge high school retreat that my church does in February that usually has about 250 kids that go) for awhile now. It's been looming over my head and every time I would think about it I would get a little flutter in my stomach. The thing that was making me nervous was all the PR stuff that I was going to have to come up with. It's not that I don't think I'm not creative enough to do it, it's just that the girls that have done this job before me have been amazingly artistic and creative (Bekah) and I just didn't know if I could do what Ryan and Trina were used to. Well this week I decided I would get a head start on things and work on the mailer (even though it isn't going out till the 6th) so that I would have enough time to stress about it and make the necessary changes and all that. I worked on it on and off until yesterday when I finally felt good enough about it to show it to Ry and TC. They took one look and said it was crap and that I didn't get the concept at all and that I had to scrap everything and start from scratch....believe me? Good, cause that's not even close. They loved it! Or at least thats what they told me. They could be lying just to be nice to the semi new girl, but I think I'll continue to think they were being honest. Let me tell you, that just really made my day! Actually it made my whole month. Phew!!! Load off my mind!! Now I feel so much better about DUNES it's just not even funny. I'll have to post a picture of the poster I made so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm also excited cause being a mentor I get to go to DUNES. I've never been so it should be fun. It's also on my birthday this year, and we all know how I get about my birthday. :)

Anyways, just felt like babbling some more. I'm sure my blog is going to be totally boring for you all to read but I think I'm going to enjoy it. :)

No comments: