Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Music to get me moving...

Alright, with this new iPod that I have I'm always on the look out for new music to add to my little music library, particularly music than can keep me entertained while I'm working out. I need some good music for running, something upbeat, with a good rhythm and lots of words for me to sing to or my mind will wander and wonder why I'm being so mean to my body by making it move so much. Now I do have mucis on my nano that I love but I feel that I am still lacking something in the tunes department. And that is the reason for this blog. I thought I would ask my music savvy audience to help me out since I'm just not as up on the music scene as I should be. So, please let me know what you listen to when you're sweatin it at the gym or rockin it out in your car. I'm open to whatever you've got, be it country or rap (I'm not a huge rap fan, but you never know). I'm just looking for ideas. Or at maybe let me know of a good artist to keep my eye on, I never know their names and it's quite embarrassing sometimes. Well, thanks everyone! I'm sure you will all be a big help!

Have a great day!

Tabs
24 days and counting...

3 comments:

Sean said...

When I'm on the treadmill at work I always listen to this disco CD. Yeah, yeah, I know, but before you start with the disco Sean jokes, you have to consider that the alternatives are usually 94.7 KNRK (A station that I thought was really cool and funny before I became a Christian but now it makes my stomach turn) on one channel and a country music CD on the other. If I had my choice, I would probably plug in one of my Jock Jams CD's which plays stadium music. Another good one to get is the Rocky 4 soundtrack. If that dosen't get you moving, then you're probably dead. Anyway, I think I need one of those IPOD thingys. By the way, thanks for your encouraging comments. They mean alot.

Carrie said...

Hey... As dorky as this sounds, I have a mix of Black Eyed Peas, Brittney, and Janet Jackson. None of which I would normally listen to, but all have a great beat. And I can picture Fergie and think of how I want my abs to look... Oh also I listen to Will Smith's new song "Switch" its an AWESOME work out song.

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out
http://www.bestworkoutmusic.com - you can search a database of songs by tempo and genre. There's also a utility for matching the pace of your music with your workout pace.