Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

My adventures with Miss Melanie Shackelford

This is a bit late in coming but oh well, thats what happens when there are things for me to get distracted by and ramble about.

Anyway, over Christmas break, Melanie Shackelford and I went out for a night of shopping, dinner and Starbucks. We both had gift certificates to spend so we figured we could help each other out and hit the after-Christmas sales. Just a little background for you: Melanie is in 8th grade and attends the Good Shepherd school. She stops by every day to say hello and give me a hug. We chat about life for a moment and then she heads off to lunch with her friends. She is a sweetheart and it is a bright spot in my day. Also, her dad Jeff worked with my dad for many years in AMF so our families have known each other for quite some time now, practically since her birth. Boy does that make me feel old. I have to take a moment here and say that I just love the Shackelford family! They are a fun bunch of people and I am glad to call them friends. Anywho, we went shopping at Gresham Station, ate at Burger King (my first time in several years), grabbed a drink at Starbucks and then I showed her where I live and introduced her to my roommate Annie, who was gracious enough to take this first picture. Aren't we a colorful pair with our yummy Starbucks drinks?
We also took a few (well, I'm only showing you a few) silly pictures. Which I might add is another thing I enjoy doing with friends. In fact, I'm sure some of you who are reading this have done this with me before.



To cap off our evening, we went grocery shopping!! Woohoo!! Hey, Melanie said she wanted to go and I had a few things to get so why not. :) We had fun walking around Winco and trying their honey (yum, but don't tell anyone). When we got back to her house Melanie wanted me to wait till her parents got home so we could show them our fabulous finds (did I mention we bought matching shirts? cute polo's from Old Navy for $2.99, can't beat that). I wasn't planning on it since I was pooped and it was getting close to my bed time (I know, I'm acting so old) but I'm glad I did because it gave me a chance to chat with Julie who is such fun to talk with. Then I was off to get myself to bed since I wasn't on Christmas break like Miss Melanie. All in all, it was a fun night. At least for me anyways. But something tells me she had a good time too. :)

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

29 days till my birthday

Tabs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh wow.. tears to my eyes.. I love them so much!!!!!! please give the Shacklefords hugs from me... tell them I miss them. I am so glad you got to hang out with Melanie.. she is a treasure!