Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2006

Dear friends

Right before my new years adventure with Kristin, I spent an evening with a few of my closest friends from high school. Now that most of us from this circle are married (I tell people that my closest girlfriends married my closest guy friends) and babies have come into the picture it can be difficult for us to get together on a regular basis. However, when we heard that our friend Tyler Ellis would be in town, someone whom I personally haven't seen almost since high school, we decided that it was about time to bring the old gang together. Sadly, not everyone was able to be there but we pressed on and had a good time of reminiscing and catching up.

And now for the introductions:

The first picture is of all the boys. Left to right: Little Sam Deuel, his dad Mark, Erik Granberg, his son David, Julian Hess and Tyler Ellis. The second picture is of the girls: Left to right is Lisa Granberg (married to Erik), Stephanie Hess (married to Julian), Rachel Deuel (married to Mark) and myself (married to no one).
This is cute little David. He is a year and a half, walking and into everything. He's a hoot!

Here are friends doing friend things and being entertained by little David.
Well, those are my dear, dear friends whom I love and thank the Lord for every day! Aren't friends are a wonderful creation of God? I am so glad that all those years ago sitting in the cafeteria on the first day of school a couple of girls decided to take a chance on the newbie sitting by herself (and order me to sit at their table cause it wasn't right to sit by myself; pretty bossy girls, huh). Thank you so much for your friendships girls (and boys), its been pretty darn fun and I'm looking forward to what the future holds for all of us! Should be interesting!

Welp, I'm out.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ps. We missed you Krista!!

Tabs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I almost cried when I read this post. It brings back a lot of old memories. I miss you guys soooooo much and I wish I could have been there. I'm going to try and make it to Portland around Memorial Day (which happens to be around my birthday as well). I hope everyone is in town at that time and we can get everyone together once again.

Tabs said...

Girl, you just get yourself here, I'll take care of the rest! :) Love you!!