Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Friends and cooking...

Saturday night was a great night! I was able to combine two things that I love: cooking and hanging out with a friend that I don't see very often.

My friend Holly came over with all the ingredients for Apricot Chicken, a recipe that she found in last weeks Oregonian. Well, in the Food Day to be exact (my favorite weekly instert). Holly and I used to work together at the E Company, she was the lucky one that trained me and we have been friends ever since. She is a great friend and one fabulous cook! She makes a lot of great food but my favorite is her holiday cranberry biscotti. Y-U-M! Anyways, she came over and we made a very delicious meal of Apricot Chicken, wild and brown rice and asparagus. We followed it up with some homemade strawberry sorbet that we whipped up in the blender.


Here is the yummy food we made. Isn't it pretty? These are the serving dishes that Jaime gave me for my birthday. I think they are so beautiful. They are made of a dark wood, and they are so smooth and pretty I didn't know if I would ever be able to use them. I'm glad I did though cause they made the food look that much more exciting, and who doesn't love a nice presentation. :)

The recipe for Apricot Chicken is extremely easy and so very tasty! Please try it and let me know what you think.

Well, hope everyone has a great day!!!

Tabs

No comments: