Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A couple things I've tried lately...

The two yummy food items that I tried were both SOOO delicious!!! I'll understand if you don't try them both (even though I think you should), but you should at least try the first one. Promise, you'll love it!
#1. Spaghetti Squash. I made this for the first time last night and it was so good! I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and how much like spaghetti it actually tasted. I have always thought it would be weird but it totally wasn't. It was so good that I'll be having it again tonight. :) Just throw on your favorite spaghetti sauce, make a salad and you have yourself a very satisfying, taste filled, nutritional meal. :) Here's a recipe to help you get started. You don't have to stick to it though, add in whatever sounds good to you.

Just a few facts for you: this food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber (2g) and Vitamin C.


So...eat up!


#2. The Vitalicious Dreamy Drizzle Chocolate Supreme Vitacake. Oh dear, this was such a delicious cake I can't even tell you. I wish I had my picture of it to show you (left the camera at home, sorry) but my piece of cake looked surprisingly like the one pictured below, whipped cream and everything. I have talked about the vitatops and muffins that this wonderful company makes and how delicious those are but they actually aren't as good as this cake. Which is probably a good thing, I don't think I could eat it every day. It was decadent, moist, chewy, all those good things that come together to make up a fabulously, delicious cake. When you order them you get two small cakes and since we only ate one cake the other night there is still one more left in my parents freezer. Who wants a bite?


Well, I'm sure I've sufficiently bored you all to death with my talk of food. Oh well, it's my blog and I can talk about what I want to. I just hope I have inspired at least one person to get out there and try something new. If you do, please come back and let me know (actually come back and leave a comment so everyone will know). Maybe I should change the name of my blog to reflect all the food posts. Hmmm, any ideas?

Have a great day everyone!!
Tabs
only 4 more days till my birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made your recipe for the squash. It was great! Thanks.