Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hi friends!

Hey everyone. I don't have anything to say really but it has been awhile since I posted last so I thought I would say hello and let you know that things are going quite well.

Here is a story for you...

Today at work, Ruthie needed half&half for her coffee but there was none in the fridge in the mail room. She, being the random sweety that I just cherish, turned to me and said she would time me to see how long it took me to run to the kitchen and and back and grab a new half&half carton. I, being the crazy runner who jumps at a challenge, took off a-runnin'. I made it back in 1 minute and 14 seconds (she might have to correct me, I was huffing and puffing when she told me the time so I didn't quite catch it all). It was fun. :) I love random things like that. Next time it will have to be a race with someone. :)


Let's see...oh, I think everyone should do one good thing for environment. Doesn't have to be huge but if we all did just one thing to help it really would make a difference. I heard that statement from a very dear friend of mine who said her one thing is to buy laundry and dish detergent in that is more concentrated but comes in smaller containers. Mine is to not use the plastic bags at grocery stores. I have a plethora of cloth sacks and bags that I have collected from Fred's and Trader Joes, to name a few, and from a website called Reusable Bags (check it out, they sell A LOT of stuff and they make for great gifts). If I don't have those on hand I try to remember (notice I said "try to remember") to ask the person helping me to put my stuff in a paper bag. Once I had them re-bag it for me. But it was great because I got to explain to the young checker what my deal was and he totally got it (well, at least pretended for my benefit). There are some crazy, expensive and time consuming ideas out there but all you need to do it find something that you know you can actually accomplish on some sort of regular basis, you could make a difference. :) Call me a tree-hugger, I don't care. Here are a few different places you can check out to get some simple, easy ideas:
Making a difference
Green Living tips

And here are a couple websites that you might find interesting:
National Geographic
Green Living

Lastly, here are a few pictures from way back in September when Roxanna and Sophia came to town:
Sophia eating her soybeans, but really wanting the chocolate
Sophia just realized her mommy is gone and she has to spend the evening with us (my dad, my friend Holli, and me)
Sophia playing on the rocking stool (I admit, I love it too)

Holli and Sophia reading a book (if you look closely, you can see Sophia multitasking by talking on her cell at the same time)

And Sophia and I playing around on the trampoline

So, this entry is long and all over the place...sorry.

:) Tabs out

No comments: