Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas questions

Welcome to the "Christmas Edition" of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! It's the season to be cheerful!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do a little bit of both. I don't really care about either I just love watching people open the gifts.


2. Real or Artificial tree? I love real but have an artificial tree right now. I would totally kill a real one if I had one.


3. When do you put up the tree? I try to get it up the weekend after Thanksgiving but if that doesn't happen then as soon as possible.


4. When do you take the tree down? Oh, I don't know, after Christmas sometime. No deadline, just when I get the time. Definitely NOT before New Years though.


5. Do you like Eggnog? Eh, not a huge fan...or a small one for that matter.


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, a little cheap thing from the Dollar store. But at least I have one. :)

8. Hardest person to buy for? I think I have to say my dad. He's not really that super hard to buy for but like most dad's, when my dad wants something, he just goes and buys it for himself. That makes things slightly difficult...I think we got him all figured out this year though. Yay!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mom. With her, the rule of thumb is Starbucks gifts cards, she LOVES THEM! Can't get enough.

11. Christmas Cards....Snail mail or E-mail? Snail mail, but I don't really do Christmas cards. :) Sorry friends.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet Christmas Carol. I know almost all the words and all the songs. Please don't hate me if or when we watch the movie together, I will probably be annoying. :) My second (cause who can choose just one) is White Christmas. My third is Ernest Saves Christmas. My fourth is The Santa Clause. My fifth is...

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I don't know, it just sort of happens when it happens.

14. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present? I don't know that either. I really don't think I have but I can see myself doing that. Hmmm...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cinnamon rolls from Pillsbury with orange icing. We eat it every Christmas morning. Yummers!

16. Clear lights or colored or both on the tree? I prefer white lights but am not opposed to colored.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Do not have one. I will say this though. I love the WHOLE Carpenters Christmas Portrait album...every last song. LOVE IT!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, I'm not opposed to traveling, but Santa (which means my parents) needs to be near by to be able to put my stocking on my bed for when I wake up Christmas morning.

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? I have a star. For the longest time my parents had an angel that my dad and I called the Angry Angel. We made it together at some military family Christmas party way back in the day and when my dad drew the face, he gave her sort of angry eyebrows so she looked like she was always scowling down on us. So funny.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. If my mom had her way we would open one every hour to make them spread out longer. Too bad mom, your vetoed.

23. Shopping...Mall or on-line or both? Mall, online, little boutiques, Fred's, you name it, I'll go.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) both inside and outside

25. Favorite Christmas cookie? I love them all!!

26. Do you own Christmasy clothing or jewelry? Nope, not a thing. And I'm okay with that, thank you.

27. Do you believe in Santa Claus? No. And I was not brought up believing in Santa. My parents never lied to me about it, probably from birth. In fact, once I told my friend (I was probably in 1st grade or something) that Santa wasn't real. She told her parents what I had said and her dad, who just happened to be my dad's ranking officer (his boss), called my dad and kinda sorta chewed him out. hehehe, I love that story.


Here are a few of the questions I couldn't think of answers for at this moment. I didn't change the numbers, sorry.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
6. Favorite Gift you received as a child?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer?


Now, go out and blog your own answers friends!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I knew we were friends for a reason. I have nearly the same favorite Christmas movies in the same order. The only difference is for me Miracle on 34th Street (the old version) is tied with the Muppets. And we should watch them together so that we can duet. (I am just as corny about singing the songs)

Holli

Clendenen said...

Hi Tabitha!! How are you my friend? It's been way too long. I enjoyed reading up on you...you sound great. You'll have to go and check out my blog: clendenen@blogspot.com Not sure if you heard, but Llon and I had a baby in August. He is just precious. Just thought I'd say hey.

Lori