Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Thumperian principle

Remember Thumper? From Bambi? A cutie right? Oh most definitely! But not only a cutie, a smart little baby bunny as well. Something that has been popping into my head a lot lately is Thumpers best phrase from the movie. If you know it, say it with me now...
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
I looked it up and it is apparently called The Thumperian Principle. Who knew? I certainly didn't. But I love it! And will do my best to incorporate it into my daily (since I personally need to remember it often) conversations. :) Probably going to annoy people. My favorite. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does it really hold ground as HONESTY HURTS, thats the truth.

Anonymous said...

I had him tattoo'd on my side so that I remember his important principle. I need to keep my mouth shut!

Ronna said...

When I am in a thread where I take issue with the resolution to a problem, or a (lame) explanation for behaviors, I sometimes simply type "Thumper." That keeps me out of trouble for the most part!