Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cinco de Mayo date

For Cinco de Mayo, Scott and I went out to this fun little joint called Salvador Molly's (which I like to always call Molly Salvador's...not sure why). It was quite fun. If you live in the area you really need to check it out. They have a very fun and eclectic menu...and tasty Sangria if I do say so myself.
We started with: THE NEW DELHI TRIPLE-DIP...which is Baigan Choka, Smoked Onion-Sesame dip, and Cucumber-Mint Raita served with grilled flatbread, Tandoori chips & BereBere chips. Oh my goodness, so stinkin' good! Oh my word, those crispy chip type things were SO GOOD!! We should have just stopped there but oh no, we were celebratin'!
For Scott's dinner, he ordered the PAMPAS CHIMICHURRI STEAK (from Argentina): Fire-grilled blade steak with Argentine Chimichurri sauce. Served with garlic spinach, black beans, ‘dirty’ garlic mashers and charred tomato.
For my entree I went a little different (and not very Cindo de Mayoish, oh well) and ordered the DJIBOUTI INJERA PLATTER (from Ethiopia): Richly spiced African sauce simmered with fresh vegetables and slow-cooked lamb. Served atop Ethiopian Injera bread with curry red lentil dahl, peanut-ginger roasted sweet potato and garlic spinach.Sadly, we did not have dessert...would have, but my husband was strong and said no for the both us...both our body's and our bank account thank us, btw.

No comments: