Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A good - no GREAT - reminder

Scott just sent me a text and all it said was 2 Timothy 2:22. When this happens, I don't question, I just go and read (Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart). Good verse, definitely need to remember that, thanks for sharing that with me babe. Well, then I got a little curious, so I decided to read the following verses. Wow. I quickly realized the Lord was trying to talk to me. This is stuff I struggle with on a daily/moment by moment basis. I could just hear the Lord talkin to me.

"Tabitha, stop being so stubborn and resentful. Oh, don't give me that look, don't act like I can't see into your heart and hear your thoughts at all times. I need you to be teachable so you can turn around and teach others. Let My name be glorified, help others grow and know Me like you are growing to know Me."

"Tabitha, don't engage in stupid arguments. You know exactly how they'll end up, because it happens every. single. time. There's no resolve, everyone's upset, resentful to each other. Not exactly a fun place to be, huh? Oh, you can pretend to shrug it off, but I know you, you ain't shruggin' off nothin. Don't get trapped in by the devil darlin. His will only leads to destruction. Flee him, and help and encourage others to flee him too. Stick with Me, I am where the party is at."

Yep, He will talk to us, He will get through to us in His sometimes crazy feeling ways...but are we always ready to listen? Also, if you think I missed the boat here, please let me know, I don't want to get the wrong message from God. ;)

Here are the verses I read...if you want, you can let me know what you got out of them. I'd love love love to know. :)

2 Tim 2:22-26

22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

No comments: