Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let's change, shall we?

I'm a healthy weight.

I've been overweight.

I've been underweight.

Now, I think I'm at a healthy weight.

Notice I said think.

I still can beat myself up with the best of 'em when I eat the "wrong" things or miss a day at the gym. I still have days where I hate my body and think I'm fat. I am so good at beating myself up on a regular basis. I have moments when I think I could/should be smaller than I am. I still worry about what people are going to think of me now that I've gained a bit of weight. And oh my goodness, what is my husband going to think?

But...I'm working on this. I don't want to think I'm at a healthy weight, I want to know that I'm at a healthy weight and actually, truly feel good about my body. I don't want food guilt or gym guilt.

So...I'm a work in a progress.

I'm working on changing this inner chatter I hear every day, every hour, every minute...this inner berating of myself.

I'm working on changing how I view myself and what is behind the daily decisions I'm making.

I'm working on enjoying the life the Lord has granted me and not wasting it with worry, guilt and regret.

I'm working on eating to be healthy and not eating to be skinny.

I'm working on going to the gym and being active so that I can stay active for the rest of my life and be a healthy wife, mom, grandma some day....not so that I can fit into a size 0.

I'm working on believing my husband when he tells me he thinks I'm sexy. (thanks babe!)

I'm working on believing family and friends when they tell me I'm looking healthier than I have in a long time.

I'm working on believing myself when I say that I am feeling better, happier, and more content than I have in a long time.

I'm working on chatting with the Lord when the chatter gets above a dull roar in my head.

I'm a work in progress...and very happy and proud to be!

I hope we all can be works in progress if we have too much inner chatter that beats us down and is not truth. We are all beautiful, each in our own way. Let's work on reminding each other of this.

Thanks for letting me share.

Check out this video. It's crazy what is happening out in this crazy world when it comes to body image and advertising. Disgusting actually.




LIFE IS GREAT! ENJOY IT!

1 comment:

kristin said...

Love you, girl! Thanks for sharing your heart and great thoughts.