Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Hagg Lake 10 Mile Run

Well, I'm just about off to go participate in a 10 mile race this morning. I'm excited and nervous for it. I always get this way before a race, even a 5k race. Why is that? I know why I get excited but I'm not sure why I get nervous, especially when I'm running a race that is shorter than a 1/2 marathon. This 10 miler sounded great cause it is shorter than a 1/2 marathon but longer than a 10k. And 10 miles is about where my thighs start to get mad at me in a 1/2 (which is fun when you still have 3 miles to go). I'm nervous for this race because it's in a part of town I've never been to and I'm not entirely sure of how to get there so I'm a bit worried about getting lost. Oh well, that's the adventure of the whole thing. It's supposed to be cloudy and overcast this morning too. Surprise, surprise....not really. Every time I run a race (EVERY TIME!!!) it's raining and overcast and yucky. I'm praying that I will be pleasantly surprised and it won't rain or even be overcast and the sun will come out to watch us run. Anywho, I gotta jet. Still gotta make some food and get my water belt all ready to go. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tabs

No comments: