Just got this in an email and thought I would share it with all you out there. Maybe it will be a motivator for some and a confirmation for others. Hope you are all having a great summer so far!!!
1) People who exercise live longer, on average, than people who don't. Active people have a lower risk of dying from heart disease and stroke, and they're less likely to get high blood pressure.
2) Exercise can help with health problems like type 2 diabetes (exercise can lower your blood sugar levels) and arthritis (exercise helps reduce joint swelling and pain and improves mobility).
3) Exercise makes you "functionally fit," meaning that it's easier for you to carry groceries, do chores, even go to the mall and shop for new (smaller) clothes!
4) Active people are less depressed, and depressed people often feel better after they start exercising.
5) Exercise can save you money. If you can prevent serious (and costly) medical conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis, you will have more money for your other needs.
6) Exercise is fun! Many of the activities you did for play as a child count as exercise. Dancing fast, walking your dog, bicycling, and gardening all strengthen your heart and lungs.
7) SO GO GET FIT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Yes you can do it!! And it's easier to get started during the summer (since you can walk, run, swim, play tennis, or ride your bike outside in the nice weather) so get in the habit now so when fall and winter come around you'll be more apt to start going to the gym to keep up your workout routine. And don't forget to recruite a friend. That also helps with accountability and makes it more fun when you have someone to talk to while "working out." :)
Love you all!!