Baby Jones

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's that time of year again

HOOD 2 COAST is next Friday and Saturday!

I can't believe it's already time for Hood to Coast again...and that I still love and look forward to doing it. This relay race absolutely wreaks havoc on the body and yet over 1000 teams of 12 people each sign up every year. For me, it feels so good at the end when my whole team crosses the finish line together and I know that we have accomplished something, as a team and individually, and participated in something so huge. Check out the video on their website, it gives you some pretty good insight into this whole event and the craziness that surrounds it.

I just found out that this year I am in van #1 which means I get to be at the starting line at Timberline lodge. I've always been in van #2 so this will be new and exciting. Also, this year I am running legs 5, 17, and 29. 5 and 29 are what the Hood 2 Coast people have deemed "very hard." Last year I ran the 29th leg and yes, they are correct in saying that it is very hard. It is called Clearcut Hill and the whole time you are running up this windy road the sun is beating down on you. When you crest and go down hill that is when you are finally getting some shade. Personally that seems a little backwards but I didn't plant the trees or design the route. Anyway, I'm excited and nervous. It will be fun times as always and I'll come away walking (more like shuffling) like I've been riding a horse for about 5 years straight.
Here are a the people that were in van 2 with me last year and our teams flag The Killer Snails!

Here I am last year, cresting Clearcut Hill.

No comments: